Good Morning...as we approach the 7th anniversary of o9/11, here is some foood for thought from Olive Tree Ministries:
HOMELAND INSECURITY MOUNTS AS WE NEAR 9/11
By Jan Markell
Is another 9/11 in the wind as we reach the 7th anniversary of the fateful day in 2001? As many on the Left have campaigned these past many months and even years, you would not know we were in the very battle for civilization as we know it. Our intelligence agencies even want us to drop the term "war on terror" because they say it is not politically correct. An interesting perspective comes from the former bodyguard of Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir, Juval Aviv. He is an intelligence expert and also author of the highly recommended book Staying Safe. He passionately warns that America is not safe. Meir had appointed him to track down and bring to justice the Palestinian terrorists who took the lives of Israeli athletes held as hostages and then killed at the 1972 Munich Olympics. Aviv predicted the date of the London subway bombing on the Bill O'Reilly show stating publicly that it would happen within a week. O'Reilly laughed at him saying that in a week he wanted him back on the show. Unfortunately, O'Reilly had egg on his face as the ordeal in London did happen. In like manner, Aviv warned people in high places in Washington prior to 9/11 that terror plans were in the works. Again, he was rebuffed. Aviv says that terrorists will never try and hijack a plane again as they know the people on board will not go down quietly but will put up a struggle--thanks to Todd Boemer and others on Flight 93 on September 11. But he bluntly states that our airport security is a joke; that we have been reactionary rather than proactive in developing strategies that are truly effective. Aviv does expect some kind of terror activity on American shores in the coming months.
September 11, 2001, has faded in the minds of most Americans who relegate it to ancient history. It makes them uncomfortable and spoils summer vacations and other holidays. It was a fluke, some of them say, and will likely never happen again. Really? If God were not our Homeland Security Director, it would be happening on a regular basis. Consider just a few of these headlines all found here along with about 70 similar stories:
* Pakistani Woman Carried List of New York Terror Targets
* Homeland Security Urges Diligence Over the Next 12 Months
* Internet Ties Link U.S. Terror Cells
* Counterterror Staff Falls by 62%
* Nuclear Lab Fails Terror Exercise
* Fifteen More Cities Considered High Risk for Terror
* U.S. Thwarts 19 Terrorist Attacks since 9/11
* Terror Watch List Swells to 755,000
* Airport Security Heading Backward
* U.S. Concerned about Two-Dozen "Clusters" of Home-grown Terrorists I could go on but you get the point. We are still in danger but few want to acknowledge it. Aviv goes on to say that terrorists will increasingly use suicide tactics rather than airplanes. The suicide tactics are cheap, effective -- and there is always an infinite number of young militants wanting to "meet their destiny." Aviv says that from an intelligence perspective, the U.S. needs to rely less on technology and follow Israel's strategy of hands-on human intelligence both from an infiltration perspective as well as to ask "aware" citizens to help. But some in high places in the U.S. government feel Americans "cannot handle the truth." They think we will panic if we fully understand the realities of terrorism. Have we forgotten the strength of the American people that showed itself on that infamous day in U.S. history? How about letting us try, please, before it is too late?! I am fond of the verse, "I trust in you, O Lord . . . Our times are in Your Hands" (Psalm 31:14, 15). Have you thanked God for protecting America over these last many years? Why not spend a few moments during this season of 9/11 doing just that? Miraculously He stills finds enough favor with America to keep America safe against all odds! And please watch our moving memorial to 9/11 here. May we never forget the heroes and victims of the biggest tragedy on American soil. May we also never forget that the terrorists planned on killing hundreds of thousands. They fell far short. Thank you, Lord.