Monday, February 2, 2009

New Look!

Hello everyone! Yes, you figured it out! I have changed the look to the blog...I am burdened to be just like my mother because I don't like things to stay the way that they are....some re-arranging now and then is a good thing!

I have recently been conversing with others on the internet and through blogs and I have come to the conclusion that the winds of change have not only been felt through the United States elections of November 2008, but through the church as well...It appears that the generations coming along now, who are marrying and having children, do not hold to the same values as some of the older folks (not senior citizens, mind you!)...the election of Barack Obama is a an eye-opener to say the least. I know that in the church, evangelicals have beat the drum loudly about abortion and same-sex marriage and the like, with the neglecting (in some eyes) of the "weightier" needs of society at large, like hunger, homelessness, global warmimg (a myth, by the way) and so forth...I know that for me, life is the dominant issue and where a candidate stands on that issue will determine whther or not I will vote for him...my reasonings are simple...God says that, "He hates hands that shed innocent blood" in Proverbs 6:17 and that is good enough for me...however,know also that king Manassah literally sacrificed the children of Israel to the god molech and for that, God would not forgive the nation of Israel...judgment is coming on nations that shed innocent blood...until this problem is fixed, there is no hope that the others can be fixed for this is the foundational issue...many new evangelicals (meaning younger) voted for Obama in record numbers in spite of the fact that he will more than likely go down as one of the most abortion-minded presidents ever...I must admit that I am at a loss to explain this and even after exchanging ideas with some, I still don't seem to get it (but neither do they it would seem!)
Anyway...I certainly pray for our nation in this great time of peril...I hope you will join me...

No comments: