Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Good Evening...

Today, at our new church, Calvary Baptist in Columbus, Georgia, Dr. Don Wilhite, Pastor, began a series of messages dealing with the sayings of the Cross of Jesus...He began with the phrase from Jesus who said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."
Bro.Don, in drawing his message to a close, offered up that we are to be like Jesus and forgive those who have wronged us, even as Jesus has forgiven us of our sin and who asked God the Father to forgive those who were doing such awful things to Him...

I know, I know...I get it...I am supposed to forgive those who have done the things that they have done to me and my family here in 2011...funny how that message comes on the heels of the "official" letter from the new "Deacon Chairman" that stated that my official severance package consist of 4 weeks...Thanks God...

Its funny how two deacons, father and son, who resigned as deacons six months ago because of inappropriate behavior in trying to run off their pastor through lies and physical intimidation, are suddenly brought back to the Deacon body without the benefit of a vote from the church body as required of the Constitution and By-laws...I guess it doesn't matter what the official rules and "laws" governing the church are when they contradict what you want to do...never let that sort of stuff get in your way...

Anyway...Pray for me as I am working through this phase of healing...Thanks!

No comments: