Monday, July 14, 2008

Good Morning!

I have been hearing a lot lately about Todd Bentley who is holding "revival" or "healing" services in Lakeland, Florida. This morning, I spent some time researching what is going there and I have been frightened by what I have seen and heard and read. It seems that Mr. Bentley is lead by an "angel" named Emma. In one such service that was recorded, he is seen screaming for the heavens to send down the angels and he works the crowd into a frenzy to scream the same thing. There is no talk of the saving power of Jesus Christ; there is no exaltation of Jesus Christ...all the talk is about the angels. Colossians 2:18 tells us, "Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind."
Let me implore you as a believer to always study the scriptures for yourself and recognize the false prophets that are among us!

No comments: